Anxiety, panic, stress and depression are all emotions that most people will experience at some points in their lives, and that’s perfectly normal.
Sometimes you may feel unable to cope with the level of anxiety you’re feeling, especially in modern-day Western society, where life is so fast-paced and stressful. If so, you’re far from alone in your suffering. Anxiety disorders are very common, affecting as many as 13% of the adult population. They can start at any time, and fall into five main types:
- Panic Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- General Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Phobias (including Social Phobia or Social Anxiety Disorder)
Smile Hypnotherapy can help you to reduce feelings of stress and anxiety and regain control over your life.
Hypnotherapy is one of the most effective treatments for anxiety, stress, phobias and panic attacks. It works on 2 levels:
- It will help change the underlying beliefs that support your anxiety. Once these have been dispelled, the anxiety symptoms will be changed permanently.
- It will help you to relax, which will strengthen your parasympathetic stress response. This means that when you are in a stressful situation your mind and body will be able to deal with it much more effectively. The more regularly you practice hypnosis, the stronger your parasympathetic stress response will become. Therefore, as part of your treatment programme, I will teach you self-hypnosis skills so that you can enjoy a deeply-relaxed state in the comfort of your home, office or wherever (and whenever) you choose.
Please contact me if you’d like to know more about how Smile Hypnotherapy can help you to control anxiety/reduce stress.